Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Income Tax Calculation Software from Govt. of India

The Income Tax Department, Govt. of India has been kind enough to come up with a free software for tax computation. My expectations aren't high; I am not expecting a TaxCut type of product.I downloaded and installed 36M installable on my work computer and started the application. The first message I got was
---------------------------
Tax Computation 2005
---------------------------
This software requires the system date format as 'dd/MM/yyyy' for correct execution.
Press 'OK' if you want the date format to change to 'dd/MM/yyyy' for ever
---------------------------
OK Cancel
---------------------------

What do you expect if you hit Cancel? Not sure. I tried and the application just terminated. How clever!!

In the next run, I hit OK. This one is equally brilliant functioning.
---------------------------
Tax Computation 2005
---------------------------
System need to be Restart to implement the new date format.
Press 'Yes' to Restart now and 'No' to Restart later on.
---------------------------
Yes No
---------------------------

I wonder what kind of morons (other than the ones who frame the tax laws and man the counters) are employed by Income Tax Dept to write software.

No comments:

Earlier Posts